Instructions to Reduce Lag & Disconnection Problem In Dota – Garena. Slack in internet gaming is an extremely normal and irritating issue which is confronted by just about every web Gamer. This changes the gaming background fundamentally and in some cases reasons outrage in a single person. In Garena Dota, this issue is even most noticeably awful. These days, A great deal of players are confronting slack, postponement and detachment issues which effectively ruins the amusement and accordingly comes about a redo. Here are a few tips which may help you in lessening slack while playing Dota on Garena.
Reduce Lag, Delay Problems in Garena – DotA:
• Make sure that you have a stable broadband internet connection with at least 512kbps download and 128kbps upload. Avoid using Wireless internet as it is considered bad for online gaming due to it’s instability and higher latencies.
• It is recommended to play in your country rooms, you will experience low pings there so, there are less chances of lag.
• Close other all programs while playing that are using your internet bandwidth which includes:uTorrent, Anti-virus Update, Skype, Windows Live Messenger, Download Managers etc.
• Try not join host with “X” pings, you may start lagging or get disconnected during game, sooner or later.
• If you see many X pings in game room, It’s because Garena servers are overloaded. Try rejoining game room, change servers and re-login Garena. If it still doesn’t help it means your port is not forwarded from your Modem/Router. Search Port Forwarding guides for your modem on Portforward.com
• If you are disconnecting during a game, You must rejoin room and ask host to do the same. If you do this, There is a big chance that you may comeback.
This can be done by doing the following:
1. Switch to Garena by pressing ALT+TAB.
2. On the right bottom of Garena, Click Menu > My Recent Room > Noobs DotA Room.
• If you want to host your own server, Make sure you have a good PC and uploading speed, around 512Kbps to 1Mbps in order provide lag-less experience to other players.
• Using Garena Tunnel option while playing a game does not reduce lag/delay problem. Tunnel only works when a player can’t see game server of other player in Warcraft 3.
• Add Garena and Warcraft 3 in your Network Firewall safelist so it does not block any port which Garena or Warcraft 3 uses.
Lastly, I hope this guide helps you in improving your DotA gaming experience on Garena. If you have any problem or you have any other tips or tricks you would like to share, please post a comment.