Better Combat Mod will enable you not only to configure the combat system but also to dual wield weapons for the best combat experience. You live in a peaceful country and you have never known about the air of war. Therefore, this mod is a good idea for that wonderful experience!
With this Better Combat Mod applied you’ll be able to equip weapons in your off-hand as well and use them to strike as you normally do. This is a tad risky since you’ll be left without any major source of defense but it’s great when you want to go all in on your opponents and inflict devastating amounts of damage in a really short time frame
Refound energy on missing an attack
- Melee attacks that don’t hit the target won’t trigger the attack cooldown
- Melee attacks gain +1 block range
- Melee attacks hit in a wider area (easier to land hit)
- Melee attacks have now 30% chance to critically strike, critical strikes can no longer be forced by falling
Attacks require full energy
- You may only attack if your energy is full (disabled by default)
Attack and sprint
- Attacking an enemy while sprinting will no longer interrupt your sprint (not working very well for now)
More swipe animation
- Every items can trigger the sword swipe animation
Additional hit sound
- Add an additional sound when striking a target
Additional crit sound
- Add an additional sound when a critical strike happen
Dual Wielding Combat
You can now right click with an offhand weapon to strike. Weapons include Swords, Axes, Pickaxes, Shovels, and Hoes.
Additional information: The “damage immunity” that target recieve when you strike them is not shared. This means that you can hit with both weapons at the same time and the target will recieve both of the damage.
How to Install Better Combat Mod for Minecraft
Before starting to install the Better Combat Mod, you will need to install Minecraft Forge 1.11.2 to match the version of Minecraft that you are running. You should check that Minecraft Forge is working by opening Minecraft from the Forge launcher. Once you have the Minecraft and Forge working, you can start installing the Better Combat Mod.
Then download the version of the Better Combat Mod that matches your Minecraft version. Once the file is downloaded, move the .jar file into your Minecraft mods directory. Finally, open the Forge Launcher, and launch Minecraft. You should have the extra options in your game settings. If you do not have, the extra options check that you are running the correct version of Minecraft and if you have placed the .jar file in the right Minecraft folder. Once you have the Better Combat Mod for Minecraft installed correctly, you can adjust the mod settings in-game. The settings are in the pause menu.